Thursday 23 February 2012

Denim is not Dead : Stockholm

This week I travelled to Stockholm, Sweden and  I was caught completely unawares of how magnificent this city is.

I started by walking around the old town and became short of breath at the beauty of the small streets, colourful churches and the royal palace. As I continued I became increasingly aware of the change in atmosphere around me. I had walked from the clean cut, more commercial Island of Stockholm into the hipster style island of Sodermalm. It was then I discovered the meaning of cool, found the best coffee, bookshops, vintage stores and the rest. 

Of course Sweden is world famous for Acne,Cheap monday and Nudie but I wanted to take a more under-ground tour of the fashion capital so I had some friends of friends take me on adventures around the undiscovered areas. But of course, like any tourist, I ended up at the Acne Studio and bought my first set of pistols.

So denim is not dead & Stockholm certainly isn't either.

Here are some snaps of the trip::






My Favourite Cafe :: Espressino






The Local's Guide




Voted, by me, as Stockholms most conceptual store :: 5th Avenue Shoe Repair




Candles at Dinner



Elsa's Place







The lovebirds love blogging too :: Morganfreedude.com



I attended this new denim launch for Aussie brand  Neuwdenim.com . Stuff so hot you would want to wear it out then sleep in it afterwards.



Bookstore in Sofo

No comments:

Post a Comment