Monday 16 January 2012

Shopping Tips :: Anna Dello Russo

When I was working at CHANEL just off Oxford Street, I found myself buying all sorts of cool things from the high street without even considering how or when I would wear them. This kind of shopping made my wardobe bulge and my travel budget shrink. I also found myself giving bags of stuff to charity, alot of it New with tags or only worn a couple of times.

Being a traveler, there's only so much you can buy. Don't we all wish for a 'Mary Poppins' neverending wardrobe. I love what ADR posted on her blog about shopping after Christmas at the sales, although I will apply these rules to my shopping all year round!
In the brackets I have added.

1. Only MASTERPIECES! (and really good quality basics)
2. Not buy USELESS stuff.
They are like the exotic SOUVENIRS,
that when you return from the trip,
encumber and ruin
the aesthetics of the house.
3. Point your FAV PIECE
like your BIG LOVE.
Stay posted to the window,
follow the customers’ movements,
wait the first day of sales.
4. Buy only COLLECTOR’S ITEMS
out of the ordinary:
otherwise you will get the nth black coat!
5. Don’t go RANDOMLY,
you’ll spend more energy and money.
6. Take your WISH-list MAP.
7. Give yourself a BUDGET
and follow your WISH-list priorities.
8. Don’t get DUPED by sales:
They are like the beautiful mermaids
of PIRATES of the CARIBBEAN 4
that first seduce you and then drag you
to the bottom of the sea.
9. Buy only DESIGNER’S clothes.
Why? high-quality is guaranteed.
10. Not fly commercial!
Take the chance to go in the FORBIDDEN
stores and satisfies all your WHIMS!”
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment